- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Metro Vancouver, Canada
- Developer documentation
- Docker, docker-compose
- HTML & CSS
- ReStructured Text
- py.test (Python)
- SQLAlchemy (Python)
July 2018-April 2019
- Backend software developer creating asynchronous APIs for frontend and mobile teams.
- Owned project for a new microservice that integrated our system with an external API, including architecture, implementation, testing, deployment and subsequent feature requests requiring data migrations.
- Led collaboration with other teams to confirm API design before starting implementation.
- Clarified and streamlined out-of-date developer documentation.
- Presented git tutorial for coworkers, took over organizing developer lunch & learns, and became a resource for Python & git questions.
- Skills: Python, aiohttp, Docker, docker-compose, git, py.test
September 2017-March 2018
- Developer dealing with scalability & reliability of VMs used for client automated testing.
- Helped investigate performance issues, implemented solutions & verified improvements.
- Improved documentation on internal tools and onboarding for my team.
- Skills: Python, Ansible, Go
Lead Archivematica Developer
May 2013-March 2017
- Full-stack developer on Archivematica, an open-source digital preservation tool.
- Added code review process & automated testing to a legacy codebase to improve quality.
- Upgraded core frameworks and evaluated replacements for deprecated dependencies to maintain an up-to-date and secure codebase.
- Upgraded legacy raw SQL migrations to use Django's migrations, including data migrations.
- Collaborated with systems analysts to understand and refine feature requirements based on domain knowledge and technical difficulty.
- Answered internal and community questions for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Wrote developer-facing documentation & helped analysts write user-facing documentation.
- Skills: Python, Django, git, py.test, HTML & CSS, AngularJS
B.Sc. in Computing Science
Simon Fraser University
- Can I Use that Code? (Conference talk, Slides) Overview of software licences, covering different categories of licences, details of common open-source licences, and how they interact in the same codebase.
- Intermediate Git Tutorial (Workshop, Slides) Workshop on using git with other people. Covered forking & pull requests on Github, git remotes, merging & rebasing. Co-created & co-presented.
- vcr.py (Lightning talk, Slides) An introduction to vcr.py, a python mocking library for HTTP requests that auto-generates fixtures from live data.
- Python Implementations (Lightning talk, Slides) An introduction to the different common implementations of Python: CPython, Pypy, Cython, Jython, IronPython.